About the iWalk for Animals Event
The Houston SPCA invites you to the seventh annual iWalk For Animals on Saturday, November 4 at Memorial Park - Picnic Loop from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Join over 1,000 other iWalkers as you support the lifesaving efforts of the Houston SPCA. This festive dog walk event is FREE and features a 5K Canine Caper that begins at 9:15 a.m. and a 1K Pup Strut that begins at 9:30 a.m. There will be music, exciting demonstrations, vendors, food trucks, contests and more!
Here are some iWalk Safety Rules:
- All dogs are required to have a current rabies vaccination and be up-to-date on their remaining vaccinations.
- All dogs must be ON LEASH at all times – NO FLEXI-LEADS (adjustable length retractable leashes).
- Please do not allow your dog to run up to other dogs without asking first.
- Please remind children to ask permission before approaching a dog.
- Please leave aggressive dogs or dogs in heat safely at home. We reserve the right to turn dogs away.
- Please pick up after your dog!
- Please do not leave any dogs in cars or in crates unattended.
- Other pets are welcome and must meet the City of Houston regulations, but for their own safety they should be confined to a pet-stroller or carrier.
You can register as an individual or create or join a team. And, it's FREE to register and join us for the iWalk. Of course, the iWalk is a fundraiser and helps us place 100 percent of our healthy animals into new homes. To get each animal ready for adoption it costs over $400 for vaccinations, spaying/neutering, microchipping, deworming, heartworm testing and more. By committing to a personal fundraising goal of $400, you will cover the cost of preparing one animal for adoption. Invite your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to step up and support your fundraising efforts. All iWalkers who raise $100 or more will receive a limited-edition iWalk for Animals T-shirt and be eligible for other great prizes! We have some easy fundraising tips to help you get started!
About the Houston SPCA
The mission of the Houston SPCA is to promote commitment to and respect for all animals and to free them from suffering, abuse and exploitation. For more than 93 years, the Houston SPCA has been an open door, a safe haven and defender for all animals. For more information, call 713.869.SPCA (7722) or visit our website at www.HoustonSPCA.org.